India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2017 for Indian Engineering College Students
Innovate with India, change the world!
Texas Instruments in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology (DST) proudly announce the DST & Texas Instruments India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2017 anchored by NSRCEL, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIMB) and supported by MyGov. The contest is open for all Indian engineering students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate&Doctoral degrees with Indian engineering colleges.
Texas Instruments (TI) invites all student innovators, thinkers and makers of the country to join the revolution, who have a dream to create something new, aspire to make a difference, contribute to India’s success towards becoming an Innovation Hub and strengthen Make in India Program.
Give your ideas a jump-start by sculpting your innovation with technical support from Texas Instruments, business mentorship from IIMB, funding and prizes of INR 3.8 crores from DST& TI.
Design- using Innovative products with technical mentorship & resources from TI
Incubate - with mentors from India’s smartest brains from IIMB
Launch - your product with funding and prizes from DST& TI
- The contest is open for all Indian engineering students pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate&Doctoral degrees with Indian engineering colleges.
- All the participants must be Indian Nationals
- TI will be providing TI tools worth up to USD 200 for each team free of cost. You must use all TI devices in your solution.
|Qualifying Round Phase I Submission||Sep 10 2017|
|Qualifying Round Phase I Results||Sep 30 2017|
|Qualifying Round Phase II Submission||Oct 30 2017|
|Qualifying Round Phase II Results||Nov 30 2017|
|Shipment of tools to Quarterfinal teams||Dec 2017|
|Quarterfinals Interim Submission||Feb 10 2018|
|Quarterfinals Final Submission||Mar 31 2018|
|Quarterfinals Round Results||Apr 30 2018|
|Semifinals Results||Jun 30 2018|
|Finals Event||Aug 2018|
Team Leader must follow the below steps to participate
- Create an account on MyGov https://www.mygov.in
- Go to website https://innovate.mygov.in and click on the "INDIA INNOVATION CHALLENGE" icon. This will direct you to contest page
- On the "INDIA INNOVATION CHALLENGE" contest page, scroll to the participate section and click on “Login to Participate”. Enter the login credentials and you’ll be redirected to home page of website https://innovate.mygov.in
- Click on the "INDIA INNOVATION CHALLENGE" icon AGAIN to be redirected to contest webpage
- On the "INDIA INNOVATION CHALLENGE" contest page, scroll towards the end of page to the submission form
- You will see ~10 questions with fields to enter your answers
- You are advised to fill the answers to the questions with as much detail and specificity as possible. Do NOT provide generic answers
- Verify all the fields and your team details before submitting the form. You will not be allowed to make any edits post your submission.
- Upon successful submission, you will receive a confirmation email.
- For any additional information, you will be contacted via email.
- All correspondence shall be through email or SMS on mobile number provided by you at the time of registration. Organizers are not liable in case of SMS/ email delivery failures.
Awards and Funding
- Certificates from TI &NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore
- Participation Certificate in Qualifying Round & Quarterfinals
- Certificate of Excellence in Semifinals and Finals
- Certificate after Incubation at NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore
- Overall Prizes and Funding of INR 3.8 Crores
- Opportunity for a team to win INR 32 Lakhs for their team
- Cash Prize for Best Women team
The evaluation will be based on the evaluation framework designed by IIMB in collaboration with TI. Business Potential and Technical Innovation forms the base of the evaluation framework. The evaluation panel will be comprised of stalwarts from Startup Ecosystem, Industry Leaders and Domain experts.
Any correspondence with participant will be done through an email provided by the participant at time of filling the application form. Organizers are not liable in case of email delivery failures. For any queries, please send mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org